JANUARY is CERVICAL HEALTH AWARENESS Month
The American Cancer Society's estimates for cervical cancer in the United States for 2022 are:
- About 14,100 new cases of invasive cervical cancer will be diagnosed.
- About 4,280 women will die from cervical cancer.
- Cervical pre-cancers are diagnosed far more often than invasive cervical cancer.
- Cervical cancer was once one of the most common causes of cancer death for American women.
- The cervical cancer death rate dropped significantly with the increased use of the Pap test.
Cervical Cancer can be prevented!
The two most important things you can do to prevent cervical cancer are to get the HPV vaccine if you are eligible, and to be tested regularly according to American Cancer Society (ACS) guidelines.
The Crawford Crew is a grassroots nonprofit based in Westerville, Ohio, but our efforts are felt nationwide. Our mission is to end HPV-related cancers in our home state and beyond while spreading awareness of Cervical Cancer Awareness Month each January.
Let's make OHIO the first state to eradicate Cervical Cancer. Become a volunteer, advocate, and Join Us!
Check out what we have planned for January &
Follow us to stay updated on what's happening.
- January 8th – Paint the 'Ville Teal
- January 9th-20th – College Campuses are "painted" Teal
- January 21st – Raise A Racket '23
ABOUT THE CRAWFORD CREW
Diane Crawford survived cervical cancer in 2009 thanks to early detection and the quick work of her doctors. She founded The Crawford Crew less than three months after being diagnosed. Now cancer-free, Diane and The Crawford Crew are committed to making a difference.
Our mission is to end HPV-related cancers.
Support TCC with Your Everyday Shopping
The mission of our RAISE newsletter is to keep you connected, providing updates on TCC's growth and community reach, and offering you ways to support our mission.